[Samba] PDC, BDCs - how do you synchronize roaming profiles?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Dec 10 22:34:12 GMT 2004

Hello,

I'm about to deploy Samba PDC and several BDCs.

As far as I understand Samba and domain logons, this means that a user
will be able to log onto any server, with his workstation choosing a
domain controller that is probably the closest/fastest etc. one.

As a consequence, this also means, that on each server there has to be a
copy of a profile of a given user, right?

If so, how can I keep roaming profiles in sync, given the fact that I
don't know if user will log onto PDC, BDC1, BDC2 etc.?

For example, at 11.00-11.30 user Joe will log in/out PDC in building A,
and at 12.00-12.30 will log in/out BDC1 in building B, and then at
13.00-13.30 log in/out BDC2 in building C - how can I assure that that
user will have that same (roaming) profile?

Or perhaps I don't understand something?

Tomek