[Samba] include statement problem

Eric Lester eflester at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:03:11 GMT 2004

I could be missing something, but it sounds like your problem comes
from the UNIX side of the server.  'administrator' would have to be a
UNIX user with permission to rwx those directories.  e.g. you could
create a new group 'administrator,' make all the home folders owned by
<username>and 'administrator' group with 770 permissions.  Make
administrator a member of administrator group (add to /etc/group) and
he should be able to rwx. I think?

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:58:26 +1100, ip.guy <ip.guy at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> hi all...
>
> i have a little problem with an include statement in my smb.conf.
>
> what i want to achieve is to allow the "administrator" user access to
> "read/write/browse" to all the users home drives under "/array2/samba/homes"
>
> can anyone see why even after the include file was added, the
> administrator user is not able to browse /array2/samba/homes/* ?
>
> [homes]
>         browseable = no
>         writeable = Yes
>         include = /etc/samba/%U
>         path = /array2/samba/homes/%U
>         force create mode = 770
>         create mask = 0770
>
> #include file called "administrator"
> [homes]
>         browseable = yes
>         writeable = yes
>         path = /array2/samba/homes/
>
> --

 All men are frauds.  The only difference between them is that some
admit it.  I myself deny it.
-- H. L. Mencken