[Samba] samba PDC + LDAP auth

alton bailey ojgbagg27ab at msn.com
Thu Dec 9 02:41:35 GMT 2004

I setup my samba sever to use ldap as a backend for authentication I can connect to the ldap directory using ldapAdmin from windows xp and diradmin in FC3 and administer the ldap directory but when I issue a command from the teminal window ( smbpasswd -a test I got the following error.

ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 1 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 2 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 3 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 4 try
ldap_initialized: time limit exceeded connetion to LDAP sever failed fot the 5 try

How can I resolve this problem.

Thanks
alton