[Samba] Re: Kerberos Error

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed Dec 8 14:37:51 GMT 2004

Hello!

I'm currently trying to understand some problem reports from customers using
samba with ADS. Googling brought a lot of suggestions but no real solutions.
So I'd like to ask some general questions about that:

1. Has anyone a working ticket authentication with MIT kerberos?
I mean: really working. Not the NTLMSSP fallback when you enter an IP address
instead of a hostname. I haven't noticed this for month since I always used
the IP address :-(

2. If so, what does the trick ? Where to look at in the libraries.

3. What do we (samba users) need to know about the ticket received by kinit?
Do we ever need to renew it? Or is the ticket obsolete after joining the
domain?
I had LOGON errors even with heimdal 0.6.3 until I deleted the /tmp/krxxxx
file. No idea, why.

4. Does a W2k client ever do ticket authentication? I can't get my W2k client
to do this.

Thanks a lot,

Martin

Martin Zielinski                       mz at seh.de