[Samba] Printer permissions from W2K

joec at aracnet.com joec at aracnet.com
Thu Dec 2 16:36:29 GMT 2004

Hey all...

I am trying to connect to a Epson FX-85 24-pin printer on my file/print/samba server. I am running SuSE 9.1/Samba 3.0.2a with CUPS as the print spool. When I try to connect to the printer from W2K land, I get this error:
"Permission denied"

I am at a loss as to where to look (sorry I dont have my smb.conf file posted. I am away from home for a couple of days). ALl else (drive mapping to W2K, smbfs mounting) works great. But trying to map a linux printer to WIndows has been the last great hangup.

Any suggstions?

Joe