[Samba] smbmount -> Permission denied after upgrade to FC2

David Steckbeck dsteckbeck at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 21:13:07 GMT 2004

Hello all, hopefully someone has run into this before.
I was previously running RH9 with Samba 3.0.2a and
would normally mount a document folder to a Win2003
server share.

Prior to the upgrade, my mount would work fine, but
after upgrading to FC2 (Samba 3.0.5) I now receive
"Permission denied" when trying to access the
succesfully mounted share. In addition, when I try to
'ls -al' in the mount folder I see:
?---------  ? ?          ?             ?            ?
David

Also, when I do a 'df' it shows 'Permission denied'.

I thought there might be an issue with the version of
samba that came with FC2, so I upgraded to the 3.0.6-1
rpm's I downloaded from the samba.org site - no luck.

I can access my folder just fine from a Windows XP SP1
client.

Nothing has changed in regards to the permissions on
my folder or share - its been this way for over a
year.
On the share Everyone has full control, on the
directory permissions, my account and administrators
have full control. When I try to mount as
administrator, I get the same thing... so I'm guessing
a permission bit Windows sends is getting mapped
incorrectly.

I'm not sure what level of debug info would help, so
here is level 5...

opts: debug=5
mount.smbfs started (version 3.0.6)
added interface ip=10.10.10.84 bcast=10.10.10.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
Opening cache file at /var/lib/samba/gencache.tdb
name birs01#20 found.
Connecting to 10.10.10.220 at port 445
socket option SO_KEEPALIVE = 0
socket option SO_REUSEADDR = 0