[Samba] Disaster recovery on PDC

Fabiano Felix felix at getnet.com.br
Thu Aug 26 12:22:04 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I search about disaster recovery, but I can't understand how to proceed...

I perform backups on my PDC (data and configuration). My question is about secrets.tdb: according some docs, I can't install a new server and just put the secrets.tdb on samba configuration directory, because the SID it's specific. If I don't repair this file, the domain SID will be change and the machines can't locate the domain (and I have to put it again on domain).

How to proceed to repair a PDC without problems? (in moment, I'm using Samba 2.x, but I'll migrate to 3.x).

Regards,

Fabiano Felix