[Samba] Winbind + pam_mkhomedir (case sensitive names) problem

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Aug 24 22:27:53 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 20:28, Juan Rey wrote:
> --------------ms070102080201080801060906
>
> Hi!
>
> Im using windbind to authenticate an NT domain users. It works well,
> however when an user logs, it can use upper o lowercase letters, and
> that is ok. But pam_mkhomedir creates diferent case sensitive home dirs
> each time, even if shell prompt shows the name the propper way.
>
> Has anyone dealed with this issue ?. What is the best solution?.

I hope this has been fixed in Samba 3.0.6 - winbind now returns home
directories in all lower case, so pam_mkhomedir should behave a bit
better now.  If pam_mkhomedir isn't using the actual home directory
indicated in getpwnam(), then there isn't much we can do (but that's how
it worked, last time I used it).

Andrew Bartlett