[Samba] 3.06 "home directory service number"

Uwe Laverenz laverenz at molkerei-ammerland.de
Tue Aug 24 07:22:37 GMT 2004

Hi,

I successfully upgraded our servers to 3.06 last night and almost
everything works great so far. One point that made me happy about
3.06 was this one:

>From the Release Notes:

* Ensure home directory service number is correctly reused
  (inspired by patches from Michael Collin Nielsen ).

There still seems to be one small bug left: when a user logs
out and in again within a short period of time (< 2mins),
he will get a home directory with 3.06, but it is connected
to the wrong share. In our case, the home drive H: gets
connected to the "netlogon" share. :-)

If the user waits a few minutes, everything works as
expected. In previous samba versions we had to wait much
longer (or reboot the workstation).

Otherwise: Thank you for this great software! :-)

cu,
Uwe