[Samba] Update -> Someone with "Access Denied" from Windows pls try this test to compare notes with me

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Aug 23 13:18:04 GMT 2004

I quickly tested the 3.0.6 Debian packages from samba.org on a test box and local admin causing Access Denied to server drives seems not to happen. So the production server has now had the 3.0.5
packages purged, 3.0.6 packages installed, reconfigured, and thus far no Access Denied error while testing.

I don't see that "Access Denied" issues were specifically addressed with 3.0.6.

However since we had purged and reinstalled the 3.0.5 packages and the problem had persisted through that operation, I must give some credit that it probably was not a corrupted tdb file or something
and might indeed be a code related cause.

Not sure I will have more to report on this, unless of course the error comes back. I did manage to find 3.0.4 and 3.0.2 deb's via a couple of mirrors with old code, so we do have those to fall back
to should the error come back with 3.0.6.

I would be interested to hear if others with this error can turn it on/off via workstation admin permissions.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems