[Samba] LDAP Master/Slave

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 18 23:12:19 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 08:27, John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 August 2004 16:11, rruegner wrote:
> > thats right
>
> I am not sure if I understand what is being said here. Samba should refer
> password changes to the PDC and it should apply the changes to the LDAP
> directory.

To put it even more clearly (and JHT is correct here):

Samba will always refer any modification to the LDAP master server,
provided LDAP is configured correctly.  The LDAP master may or may not
be a PDC, as this occurs at the LDAP level.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at samba.org
Authentication Developer, Samba Team            http://samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net