[Samba] LDAP Master/Slave

Jason C. Waters jwaters at h2os.com
Wed Aug 18 11:35:51 GMT 2004

Is anyone using this?  My smb.conf file has this line in server1(master)

passwd backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.server1 ldaps://ldap.server2"

and this is what server2(slave ldap, BDC) looks like:

passwd backend = ldapsam:"ldaps://ldap.server1 ldap.server2"

This is what happens.  When I take down server 1's ldap server, server2
just starts using its local ldap server.  But if I take down the VPN
between the two, I try the same test, pdbedit -L, it works but it take
about 6 seconds for it to timeout on server1.  Is this normal or do I
need to change some DNS setting?  Thanks for your help.

Jason