[Samba] Windows XP SP2, Azureus, and Samba

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Tue Aug 17 23:08:16 GMT 2004

Jason Balicki wrote:
> Villalovos, John L <> wrote:
>> And Azureus (http://azureus.sf.net/) seems to be working fine and I
>> downloaded a couple 300+ Mbyte files with no problems to the local
>> drive.  When I tried to do the same thing but saving to the Samba
>> drive it failed :(
>>
>> So I didn't think it was the firewall, but I could be wrong if there
>> is some firewall setting needed to work with Samba.
>
> Just an idea to see if it's a problem with Samba or a general
> SP2 problem:  set up a share on some other windows machine
> and save to that share.  If it works, then Samba is indeed
> messed up, if it doesn't it's a problem with SP2.

Okay.  I setup a Windows XP SP2 system as the server and using an
Windows XP SP2 system as the client.

I started downloading two 350 MB sized files with Azureus.

So far I have downloaded 280 MB of one file and 90 MB of the other file.
Everything is working just fine.  No errors or any problems.

When I do the same thing when saving to a Samba share I usually get an
error within the first 10 MB or so.

John