[Samba] Windows XP SP2, Azureus, and Samba

Villalovos, John L john.l.villalovos at intel.com
Tue Aug 17 16:51:50 GMT 2004

Trying again.

Has anyone seen this issue:

I just upgraded to Windows XP SP2 and now I am having problems :(

I have Fedora Core 2 with the latest updates installed.  The Samba RPM
version is 3.0.3-5.

The problem I am having is using Azureus and the Samba share.  Before
SP2 everything worked fine saving locally and on the Samba server.

Now, after SP2, I am getting messages like this from Azureus:

--------------------------------------
The semaphore timeout period has expired (dumpBlockToDisk) when
processing file 'blah'.

Error: The specified network name is no longer available.

When I save to a local drive I have no problems.

If I save to the Samba server then after a while, it can be a long time
or a short time,  I think it depends on how fast I am receiving the
data,
then I will get the error.

Any ideas?  Anyone else having this issue?

Is there any more details that I can provide?  Turn on certain debug
settings in Samba?

John