[Samba] DSA is unwilling to perform...

Aaron samba at microchp.org
Tue Aug 10 19:47:55 GMT 2004

I have searched through samba.org and google but have not
gained any ground on this one.

I have two servers.  One is a linux server that must
authenticate users logging in via ssh against a Windows
2003 AD server and hopefully create a home directory for
them if authenticated.

I am trying to avoid going the padl.com route if possible
and only use samba/krb5/ldap since hopefully that will
require less modifications to the underlying ldap/krb
config.  (Maybe not)

After following all the instructions on samba.org, kinit
works fine.  I can then do smbclient with -k to mount
shares just fine.

The one thing I can not get working is net ads join.

I always get the responce:

[2004/08/10 12:42:30, 0]
"libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1336)
ads_add_machine_acct: DSA is unwilling to perform
ads_join_realm: DSA is unwilling to perform

All of the searches I did for that string return things
totally unrelated to samba/AD.

Any thoughts on this?  My user account is a domain
administrator, local administrator, etc...

Regards,

Aaron