[Samba] LDAP-based NIS server .vs. NIS migration to LDAP?

Simon Oliver simon.oliver at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 08:19:55 GMT 2004

I don't know which forum is most appropriate for this type of question - I
have had similar problems posting a message to the openldap list - they say
that NIS/LDAP integration is not openldap specific.

We need a "heterogeneous network directory services" mailing list - I wonder
if there is one (or if someone could host one for us)?

Anyway, PADL provide the NIS/LDAP Gateway for NIS to LDAP integration:

http://www.padl.com/Products/NISLDAPGateway.html

I haven't used it myself, but plan to do so soon.

--
   Simon Oliver