[Samba] Workstation service failing

Terry Wood terry at woodtroop.com
Mon Aug 2 15:24:35 GMT 2004

Greetings all,
    Has anyone had any problems with the "workstation service" failing
on Windows XP boxes? My samba server is running Fedora Core 2 w/ kernel
2.6.5-1.358. Samba version is 3.0.3-5 using openldap 2.1.29-1 for
authentication and roaming profiles. The workstation service dies after
authentication, although authentication works. On the XP boxes, I can
start the workstation service manually, log off and log back in and
everythings works perfect until reboot. Any ideas? This seems to fail
only on newer versions of XP...

Thanks for any ideas or help
Terry Wood