[Samba] smbmount hangs Linux if Windows server goes down

John Hewitt johnblade at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 05:28:37 GMT 2004

What distro are you using? Samba version details?

Hmm, I can see that it would indeed cause you a mess - especially with
the symlinking. Whilst I can't give you an answer to your question I
can ask for a few more details regarding the version numbers of your
linux machine.  Hopefully some other samba god will be able to help
you.

Anyhow all I can offer is to try and manually unmount the share when
your on the linux box and you know the windows box is down.
Sometimes if umount doesn't work, you can try:
umount -f