[Samba] Re: WinXP client can't browse list for the domain it joined

Jason Zhang jason.zhang at canamet.com
Thu Apr 29 14:34:54 GMT 2004

Here is the update for what I found:

On one of the WinXP clients, enter "net view" only shows the Samba
server "hermes", no other WinXP clients (not even itself):
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\jason>net view
Server Name            Remark

\\HERMES               hermes
The command completed successfully.

However, if use "net view \\pcjason" (pcjason is the NetBios name of the
XP client itself), I can see the machine itself.
C:\Documents and Settings\jason>net view \\pcjason
Shared resources at \\pcjason

Jason's PC

Share name  Type   Used as  Comment

Phaser6200  Print           Phaser 6200DP
SharedDocs  Disk
The command completed successfully.

Thanks,
Jason