[Samba] Yet Another LDAP Question

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Apr 26 18:44:43 GMT 2004

I don't think you 'have' to, but you'll get more functionality if you do.

You should go grab the newest idealx LDAP management scripts, you don't
say what version of samba you have, but the scripts are probably newer
than what you have if you installed from the RPM that came with the base
Fedora install.  There's a script in that set called something like
smbldap-populate that will create all the users and groups you need for
Windows equivilency.  You will also want to delete the old ones when you
put the new in place.  At some point they changed from *.pl to just *
for the script names.

Make sure you edit the config files in the smbldap-tools package before
you start monkeying with them, particularly the LDAP container names and
your domain SID.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254