[Samba] Sambe max file size on RH9

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Apr 20 20:38:06 GMT 2004

I'm getting a "max file size exceeded" when copying from knoppix 3.3. to
RH9 over a samba share when the file gets to be >2G in size.    This is
samba 3.0.2a on server, 3.0.2-Debian on client.

I googled a bit, and the more recent one (2003) directed the user to get
a build that was built on their Linux 2.4 system.  I installed from an
RPM I downloaded for RH9 (3.0.2a), I assume that was built on RH9, but
should I rebuild it from source?

Is there something else that could be the problem?  I didn't find any
references to a max file size option, and I've created files > 2G on my
RH box as a test.

I'm trying to use dd from knoppix to back up my laptop HDD... so far it
seems to work well, but the drive size is 10G.  Right now I'm proceeding
by splitting the file but I' concerned because I haven't fully tested
that path yet.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Glen Starrett