RES: [Samba] squid authentication to samba 3

Estevam Henrique Carvalho estevamh at bmf.com.br
Mon Apr 19 21:08:36 GMT 2004

Yes, it is. I've made that some times...

After having the Samba infra-structure running (winbind -u, winbind -g,
winbind -a), you need to create some ACLs in squid.conf, take a look at:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html#winbind

To check group membership you can use wbinfo_group or LDAP, I had some
problems setting wbinfo_group with Samba 3.0.2, that's why I use LDAP. If
you can I can send you a sample.

Estevam Henrique