[Samba] Re: samba on distro...

Ivo Dancet ivo at im.be
Wed Apr 14 14:02:24 GMT 2004

Thanks for the answers,

Are there certain extra's for payed distros if they run as server, or
are the distro's only extra featured in terms of configuration.
In other words: are free versions as stable as their costly
counterparts? Can they handle the same Samba-loads of 200 users. Will
free versions go on their knees if those 200 log in in the same minute?
(if hardware is ideal -> gigabit backbone, hp proliant server 3GHz, 1Gig
RAM)
Why should I want to buy a server-version if I can get a distro for free...

Ivo Dancet