[Samba] Unable to delete folders in samba shares-

mlist at linux-house.net mlist at linux-house.net
Wed Apr 7 12:37:11 GMT 2004

sascha , my replies below.....

> The leading 0, hmm. This should explain all...
>
> http://www.cpqlinux.com/permissions.html

nothiing about the leading 0 , just rwxrwxrwx stuff

> Do not really know why it does not work for u!?! Did u set security=share?

i just did. i was using security = user previously

> U can also add 'force group = nobody'  to ensure u have a very
> unrestrictive group there...

haven't done this yet...hmm ...done it now...still no luck....

> For example my exchange-directory for all users read and writeable:
>
> [Transfer]
>         comment = exhange ur files
>         path = /data/transfer
>         force group = nobody
>         read only = No
>         force create mode = 0777
>         force directory mode = 0777
>
> All users can create and delete. From Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP, Mac OS X
> and Linux connected through the konqueror with smb:/ - style.
>
> I set the permissions of the share-directory like this:
>
> drwxrwxrwx    5 nobody   nobody       4096  7. Apr 12:10 transfer/
>
> Maybe is this the problem?!

ok ....i will change the ownership also , and lets see what happens....

> Otherwise I really don't know what else could be. Ah, another thing for ur
> "root-problem", have a look in /etc/samba/smbusermap...
>
> Regards

my smbuser doesn't show root being mapped to mlist....

Oh god...the nightmare continues....what version of samba are you running by
the way....????