[Samba] samba eating to much of servers resources

Oleksiy Podopryhora alexp at beautybase.com
Fri Apr 2 11:29:04 GMT 2004

I run Samba 3.0.0-15 on Linux ( FEDORA CORE 1) and it acts as a DOMAIN
CONTROLER for our small networks which comprises of 4 WINDOWS XP
PROFESSINAL PCs. But we have a problem with samba eating to much of
servers resources. If I reboot the server it cures the problem but soot it
appears again. Anyone knows what might be a problem?

Thanks to all.

Snapshot 1
PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
4222 root      34  19  277M 100M   584 R N   0.1 40.4   2:49   0 samba

Snapshot 2
PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
2938 root      16   0  1744  988   988 S    97.4  0.3  1055m   0 smbd

Snapshot 3
PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME CPU COMMAND
12023 root      25   0  2400 1572  1528 R    44.1  0.6 526:34   0 smbd
11972 root      25   0  2400 1564  1528 R    43.9  0.6 530:33   0 smbd

--
Sincerely Yours,
Oleksiy Podopryhora

This message may contain privileged information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please keep it confidential and return it to the sender.
Although we have taken steps to minimise the risk of transmitting software
viruses, Beauty Base Limited accepts no liability for any loss or damage
caused by computer viruses and would advise you to carry out your own
virus checks. The contents of this e-mail do not necessarily represent the
views of the company..