[Samba] Help

Smith, Ed e.smith at genaissance.com
Mon Sep 29 20:28:09 GMT 2003

I know nothing about and need some guidance with how Samba authenticates with Windows 2000. Briefly a share was created in the Unix world and all windows 2000 users were able to read a specific folder that was shared. Our Unix Admin configured the Samba guest account as ftp and everyone in the windows world who did not have an Unix account were able to read the folder.  The win2k domain policy had to be rolled back to it's out of the box default policy and now the ftp account does not have access to the share.

Could you point me in the direction of a resource that could help me with this??

Edison R. Smith
Manager Network & Desktop Systems
Office # (203) 786-3592
Cell # (203) 606-0903