[Samba] smbclient et al: -k by default?

Alexander List alexlist at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Mon Sep 29 10:10:58 GMT 2003

Hello,

I tried to find something in the HOWTOs and the mailing list, but failed
so far...

Is it possible to tell smbclient and the other command line client utils
to use kerberos auth by default? security=ads is already set, smbclient -k
works fine. I just don't want to specify -k at the commandline all the
time but configure that somewhere in smb.conf

It would also be nice to have smbclient launch the kinit process if
kerberos auth is specified and no valid ticket is found...

Alex

--
"Jede neue Erkenntnis muß zwei Hürden überwinden: das Vorurteil der
'Fachleute', und die Beharrlichkeit eingeschliffener Denksysteme."