[Samba] Windows Access Samba Printer

martin at digconn.co.uk martin at digconn.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 07:22:37 GMT 2003

Please Please Help!

Since I have changed the IP address of the Samba Server I can no longer print from Windows.

The Printer is fine within Linux and prints everything I can throw at it.

>From Windows I get the error message :-

'There was an error writing to \\REDHATSAMBA\XeroxP12 for printer (Xerox DocuprintP12):
There was a problem printing to the port.
Check to make sure your printer is configured to use a valid port.
The printer will be set to work offline.
To save your print job in the local printer queue, click OK.'

I have removed the windows drivers and reinstalled the printer drivers but Windows refuses to recognise that the printer is available.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Martin