[Samba] profiles on samba 2.2.8a W2K SP4

Axel Machens machens at nibis.ni.schule.de
Sat Sep 20 09:25:03 GMT 2003

Hi,

I have a problem with or profiles on a Samba 2.2.8a running on SuSE8.2 with
ldap backend.
When I locked in the Domain "solaris" the first one alle works fine, the
profiles
are working verry nice. But when the user locked in on a other workstation
most
the third or fith session the profiles dose not work !?

In german:
----
Das server gespeicherte Profil ist nicht verfügbar, Sie werden mit Ihrem
lokalem Profil angemeldet.
----

When I delete the profile and the user locked in a new session, all works
fine.
I run a SuSE 8.2, samba 2.2.8a Win2000 with SP4! I find some informations
about
problems with w2k sp4 and profiles. I create a profiles share like a answer
in the samba list archiv:

---------------smb.conf-------------

# Profile der User EDV
[profiles]
	comment = Server-Profile
	path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
      writeable = yes
	browseable = no
      nt acl support = yes
      create mask = 0600
      directory mask = 0700
      force directory mode = 0700
      inherit permissions = no
      map system = yes
      map hidden = yes
      profile acls = yes

Must I set somthing in the registry on w2k or  is something missing in my
smb.conf ????

Thanks a lot

Axel