[Samba] Use Samba on an other port than 137-139?

Andre de Koning andre at vippayroll.co.za
Thu Sep 18 13:34:41 GMT 2003

I don't really have the answer for you but I personally can't see how you
could change it as the windows workstations will still try to use the
services on the original ports (I would assume that's hardcoded as it's part
of a standard) and would just not be able to find your samba server any
more.  I am convinced there must be a way to make samba work on different
ports but am also convinced samba would then be useless to you.

Andre