[Samba] Samba 3rc4 PDC - Trouble joining W2k to domain (no mapping?)

Chris Hilts chilts at birdbrained.org
Wed Sep 17 19:16:45 GMT 2003

I am running Samba 3rc4 as a PDC.  When trying to join my Windows 2000
workstation to the domain, I get the following error (on the win2k box):

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

I've searched Google, the archives of this list, the docs and a Ouija
board for answers, with no success.. Can anyone provide a pointer to what
it is I'm missing?  Thanks in advance.   Below is my smb.conf.

# Global parameters
[global]
        netbios name = CACTUSPATCH
        comment = Test PDC for domain TESTAREA