[Samba] Samba Write List Macro Not Working

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Mon Sep 15 10:42:08 GMT 2003

What version of Samba are you using? 3.0.0rc2 had some issues with macro
expansion; you may have found another one.

I think rc4 removed some of the parameters (%G %U) from some lines.

If %S works, I'd use it. You could also try:

read only = no
valid users = %G,etc.

Note: A level 10 log will show if the macro is being expanded.

- -Tom