[Samba] Joining W2K3 Domain Problem

dulantha at wwsemail.shacknet.nu dulantha at wwsemail.shacknet.nu
Mon Sep 15 01:20:30 GMT 2003

Hi All,

Joining ADS native mode W2K domain with rc2 was not a problem.
Now joining W2K3 domain with rc3 & 4 shows no errors when I do:
   kinit admin at DOM.BR3.ATH.CX
   net ads join DOM -U admin at DOM.BR3.ATH.CX

But...
   wbinfo -t
   gives the  following:

   checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
   error code was NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022)
   Could not check secret

And..
   klist tickets
   gives the following

   klist: No credentials cache found (ticket cache FILE:tickets)

Also:
   klist -e
   gives:

   Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
   Default principal: admin at DOM.BR3.ATH.CX

   09/15/03 12:46:39  09/15/03 22:46:39  krbtgt/DOM.BR3.ATH.CX at DOM.BR3.ATH.CX
           Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5, etype 23

   Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
   klist: You have no tickets cached

So what do I need to do. Is this a kerberos problem? If not what do I need to
supply to track down what the problem is?

Regards,
Dulantha.