[Samba] Re: Samba-3.0.0 RC4 available for download

Dariush Forouher dariush at forouher.de
Sat Sep 13 10:23:10 GMT 2003

Am Sa, 2003-09-13 um 08.29 schrieb Gerald (Jerry) Carter:

> The Samba Team is proud to announce the availability of the
> fourth release candidate of the Samba 3.0.0 code base.  A release

from whatsnew:

10) Remove getpwnam() calls from init_sam_from_xxx().  This means
    that %u & %g will no longer expand in the "login ..." set of
    smb.conf options, but %U and %G still do. The payback is that

from smb.conf:

       %U     session user name (the user name  that  the  client
              wanted,  not  necessarily  the same as the one they
              got).

Does this definition of %U still apply? I hope not, because my usage of
'logon script' and especially 'logon path' depends on the real unix
username (and not something possibly mixed-type from the windows login
screen).

regards
Dariush