[Samba] How to install Samba in RedHat 7.2?

Raj Saxena rajan at ipisland.com
Fri Sep 12 18:06:29 GMT 2003

Daniel,
           version 2.04 is very very old. The latest samba is 2.28a as a
prodcution build. I don't know much of what your doing but i take it you
want windows shares. If you want just basic share the smb.conf file is very
easy to setup. If you want to setup samba as a windows nt 4 server as a
primary domain controller then take a look at this link.

http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article.php/1144701

The only step this person missed was that she forgot to tell the user that
you must create a root machine account.

Hope this helps. there are many links to many documents on samba.org  Drop
me a line if you need any other help.

Raj