[Samba] Re: check if drive letters are occupied by novell

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Sep 12 00:10:37 GMT 2003

John H Terpstra wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003, Marcus Schopen wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I use Samba's root preexec funktionality to create dynamic logon scripts:
>>
>>root preexec = /usr/local/samba/install/bin/make_logon_script
>>'%m' '%U' '%a' '%g' '%L
>>
>>Who do I check in the by make_logon_script generated logon .bat script,
>>which is executed on the windows clients, if a drive letters is already
>>occupied by novell. The logon.bat script should then select the next
>>free drive letter for the samba share. Possible?
>

> How can we make Samba aware of the drive letters that are already mapped
> on the Windows client? I know of no method to do this. Sorry, put on the
> never-todo list for now! :)

And on client side? Is there a method to do that in a batch script on
the windows machine. Samba could generate a dynamic batch script, which
is executed on the client. And this batch-script checks, if a letter is
already mapped. Just an idea, but I don't know the commands on a windows
machine to get a list of all novell letters.

Marcus