[Samba] configure / compile problems samba-3.0.0rc3 on Solaris 8

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Tue Sep 9 09:18:51 GMT 2003

Hi Thomas,

I have been trying to use Samba 3 on Solaris 9 with iPlanet Directory Server 5.1
and am still having troubles. You need libldap from openldap. You can download
openldap from from www.openldap.org and compile it as follows:

./configure --without-bdb --disable-bdb --enable-null
make depend
make
make install

Good Luck.

Darren

and put /usr/local/lib in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH before compiling Samba 3.