[Samba] Winbindd -> winbindd_idmap.tdb deleted

Paul Eggleton paule at cjntech.co.nz
Thu Sep 4 20:52:06 GMT 2003

Michael Gasch wrote on Friday, 5 September 2003 3:41 a.m.:
> i recently deleted the idmap file winbindd_idmap.tdb (i have a backup
>   ;) ), because it contained invalid mapping credentials
>
> my question:
> how can i create a new mapping_db, where new mappings are stored?
> which daemon creates this mapping_db, if it's not present?
>
> is it possible at all?

Winbind creates this file. If you delete it, then next time winbindd is
started it should recreate it. Note that the mappings probably won't be
the same as before, so any files with permissions assigned to
users/groups from the Windows domain will have their user/group info
messed up.

If you just want to delete a few entries, perhaps something like tdbtool
or pdbedit would be better? (sorry, I don't have much familiarity with
either).

Cheers,
Paul