[Samba] Samba authenticated gateway and kerberos 5

Éliás Tamás eliast at veszprog.hu
Tue Sep 2 10:07:07 GMT 2003

Hy all! I'd have the question, that if I use Samba 3.0.0 (on a Debian Linux
Woody, kernel 2.4.21), acting as a Primary Domain controller, and
authenticating users on this way, will I have the advantage of a kerberos 5
server, wich encrypts all data on the network? I need to know this, because on
the network there is a microwave link, and I have to encrypt all data through
the network, and I don't really want to use IPsec. Please note, this is a new
challenge for me, and I don't really set up such gateways before. Maybe I'm
wrong with kerberos 5. Btw the clients are Windows XP systems.
Thx in advance!

--

Thomas Elias
Tel.: +3630/3299315