[Samba] DG/UX compile error "Warning: invalid option '-O' ignored"

Paul Pilgrim Paul.Pilgrim at cdhb.govt.nz
Mon Sep 1 03:31:42 GMT 2003

I am running DG/UX (version R4.20MU06) on a Pentium Pro Aviion
Trying to instal 2.2.8a
While running the make command I get the following:

root at darkstar# make
Using FLAGS =  -O  -I./popt -Iinclude -I./include -I./ubiqx
-I./smbwrapper  -DLO
/usr/local/samba/var" -DCONFIGFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf"
-DLMHOSTSFILE
l/samba/lib/lmhosts"   -DSWATDIR="/usr/local/samba/swat"
-DSBINDIR="/usr/local/s
DLOCKDIR="/usr/local/samba/var/locks"
-DCODEPAGEDIR="/usr/local/samba/lib/codepa
ERFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def"
-DBINDIR="/usr/local/samba/bin" -DPID
ocal/samba/var/locks" -DLIBDIR="/usr/local/samba/lib" -DHAVE_INCLUDES_H
-DPASSWD
sbin/passwd" -DSMB_PASSWD_FILE="/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd"
-DTDB_PASSWD
/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.tdb"
Using FLAGS32 =  -O  -I./popt -Iinclude -I./include -I./ubiqx
-I./smbwrapper  -D
="/usr/local/samba/var" -DCONFIGFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf"
-DLMHOSTSFI
cal/samba/lib/lmhosts"   -DSWATDIR="/usr/local/samba/swat"
-DSBINDIR="/usr/local
 -DLOCKDIR="/usr/local/samba/var/locks"
-DCODEPAGEDIR="/usr/local/samba/lib/code
IVERFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def"
-DBINDIR="/usr/local/samba/bin" -DP
/local/samba/var/locks" -DLIBDIR="/usr/local/samba/lib"
-DHAVE_INCLUDES_H -DPASS
"/sbin/passwd" -DSMB_PASSWD_FILE="/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd"
-DTDB_PASS
sr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd.tdb"
Using LIBS = -lgen -lsocket -lnsl
Compiling smbd/mangle_hash.c
Warning: invalid option '-O' ignored
smbd/mangle_hash.c:467: syntax error before `int'
smbd/mangle_hash.c: In function `cache_mangled_name':
smbd/mangle_hash.c:592: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer
type
Fatal error in /lib/cc1
Child exit status 041
*** Error code 1

Stop.
root at darkstar#

In the previous step, during the configure, it clearly detects that the
-O option is accepted, so I am confused.
(I can post the results of the configure if helpful)
I have installed the same version of samba successfully on Solaris8 and
AIX4.3 and cannot find any previous
postings or help specific to this error.
Is there something specific to DG/UX I should be doing to the Makefile
after running the configure command?

** This email and attachments have been scanned for content and viruses
and is believed to be clean **
This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s).
Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message,
except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message,
including any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Canterbury
District Health Board