[Samba] Is it my networking?

James Kreuziger jkreuzig at uci.edu
Wed Oct 15 20:06:25 GMT 2003

Well, I've checked the results of ifconfig -a, and
this is what I get:

lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000
hme0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2
        inet 10.200.236.51 netmask ffffffe0 broadcast 10.200.236.63

Mind you, I'm running Solaris, not Linux.  My Solaris
box wouldn't operate without a properly configured network.
This I know, because we had this problem when we moved.
My /etc/netmasks files reads like this:

10.200.236.32 255.255.255.224

-Jim

Jim Kreuziger