[Samba] Samba with RedHat AS 2.1

Sean Solina SSolina at arbinc.com
Tue Oct 14 21:29:13 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I'm trying to setup Samba 3 with RedHat Advance Server 2.1

I compiled Samba with the following switches : --with-winbind --with-smbmount --with-smbwrapper --with-pam --with-pam_smb

After I make, make install ....I try to run SWAT and it comes up to the login window.  When I try to login to SWAT with root's credentials, it says the password or username is wrong or invalid.

Any ideas?

If I don't use Winbind and pam switches...I can get onto SWAT.  But I want the winbind features.
Thanks in advance

Sean Solina

ARB, Inc.
26000 Commercentre Dr.