[Samba] Can't add machine account with 3.0.0; ldapsam backend (RESENT)

Ronny Adsetts ronny.adsetts at amazinginternet.com
Tue Oct 14 11:47:48 GMT 2003

jean-marc pouchoulon said the following on 14/10/03 12:10:

 >>they sould be created
 >>on the fly as they were with 3.0.0beta1.
 >

 > 	As I can see, with 3.0 stable this is not done.
 >

 > pdbedit -a -m testonsddd$ -D99
 > ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to add user dn=
 > uid=testonsddd$,ou=pc,o=g,c=fr with: Object c
 > lass violation
 >
 > 	But a AddMachine script make it for me without any problem.

So this is a bug with 3.0 stable then? Not requiring an account prior to
joining the domain when using LDAP backend is a documented feature
AFAICR... can't point to the exact documentation right now though... :-)

I don't see anything in bugzilla... I'll see about submitting later when
I've more time.

Regards,
Ronny
--