[Samba] Samba3+Nexus+Srvtools at least strange

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Thu Oct 9 21:05:53 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Sorry for distubing you with this minor problem, but:

I've configured samba3 for ldapsam and successfuly joined a WinNT Server
  4.0 with on the fly account creation (I have root in LDAP). Now I'm
able to manage my samba3 with user manager for domains from srvtools,
but not nexus :-(. From my point of view the sadest thing is that on 9x
no other application can retrive user and group information from samba3,
like they did with 2.2.x. I was logged in with a root equivalent
(username mapped) account, which is member of the Domain Admins group
(SID ending with -512). Also as a side efect in srvmgr from srvtools I
can view the shares, while in nexus I got an error). At each try I've
got in the logs something like:

[2003/10/09 00:01:32, 1] smbd/ipc.c:api_fd_reply(284)
   api_fd_reply: INVALID PIPE HANDLE: 0

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

Geza Gemes