[Samba] Samba3 ADS without Microsoft?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Oct 9 01:49:38 GMT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Mike wrote:

> I've setup samba to use ldap.
> I've propogated the directory.
> I've setup the kerberos realm.
>
> I can authen to samba & browse shares via uid/passw held in ldap.
>
> I cannot seem to get samba to accept kerb authen instead of uid/passw.
>
> Help......

Mike,

Please be a bit more precise in your description of what you are trying to
achieve.

Have you read the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf? The chapters that deal with
the controls your configuration will require are:

	Chapter 5, in particular section 5.4
	Chapter 7, in particular section 7.4
	Chapter 11

However, I'd appreciate a crystal clear understanding of precisely what
you are trying to implement and how you want it to work.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org