[Samba] Samba connecting with NIS

Ben Segbawu bsegbawu at Solucient.com
Mon Oct 6 21:49:06 GMT 2003

Hi All
I just installed samba 3.0 with the --with-netgroup-support option. I was
under the impression this would allow me to connect to my unix system using
NIS authentication.
I am using the unix system for just file sharing.  I think I am missing
something. Below is my smb.conf. I would appreciate any help you can give
me. Also the windows guys have implement active directory but I want the
users to authenticate using NIS.

Thanks
Ben

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = HEALTH
        server string = Solaris Samba Server 3.0
        security = SERVER
        password server = addc01
        max log size = 500
        name resolve order = host wins bcast
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        wins server = xxx.xxx.xx.xx
        ldap ssl = no
        hosts allow = xxx.xxx.

[sowhat]
        path = /var/sowhat
        valid users = @sns
        guest ok = Yes

[tmp]
        path = /tmp

This message is a private communication. It may contain information that is
confidential and legally protected from disclosure. If you are not an
intended recipient, please do not read, copy or use this message or any
attachments, and do not disclose them to others.

Please notify the sender of the delivery error by replying to this message,
and then delete it and any attachments from your system. Thank you.
Solucient LLC.