[Samba] Samba Sessions

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Wed Oct 1 22:25:41 GMT 2003

Hi, Norman Zhang,

am Mittwoch, 01. Oktober 2003 um 20:52 schrieben Sie:

NZ> Sorry, I mean constantly increase of memory not decrease. The problem is
NZ> that there are too many Samba sessions opened and eventually drives my
NZ> server to a complete halt. It seems to me some used sessions are not
NZ> killed or freed from memory. Is there a way to fix this? I have been running
NZ> Samba happily for the last 6 months. For the last couple of days I'm forced
NZ> to reboot the server 4 to 5 times 8( Please help.

What do your log files look like?
From what you tell us they should be pretty active ...

If there are none, set your "log level"-parameter up to 1 or 2 for a
beginning.

And think about if anything has changed in your IT environment, it
always seems as if "nothing has been changed" as long as you havenŽt
found the reason of the problem ...

Have you changed your smb.conf? New clients in? More clients?
Rebooting servers is something that should be avoided -
itŽs not cool ;-)

Best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at