[Samba] Secondary groups

Ron Garcia-Vidal ghstwrtr at evilgenius.net
Wed Oct 1 13:14:45 GMT 2003

I have backups of user home directories that I've shared out via samba
so that my non-linux level 1 guy can restore files using the
drag-n-drop.  Problem is, all directories are owned by their respective
user and are set 700.  In order for the admin users to access these
directories, I've set admin user=@SuperAdmins for the share in smb.conf.

The problem is, al the admin users have domain users as their primary
group, and superadmins as a secondary.  Access to the homes folder fails
for all but user Administrator.  If I switch my primary group to
SuperAdmins, I am allowed access.  I would rather not run with
SuperAdmins as my primary group.  How can I get Samba to see my list of
secondaries when determining access permission?

I am running Debian testing with the stable samba 3.0 packages from
samba.org.  Authentication is through winbind feeding off an NT4 pdc.

Thankis

--
-Ron