[Samba] Samba 3.0.1Pre1 and windows 2000, domain problem

Thiago Lima thiagolima at webforce.com.br
Wed Oct 29 15:44:15 GMT 2003

    Hi,

    I'm using samba-3.0.1pre1-1 (rpm)  and I'm trying to make it as a
PDC.

    Using WindowsXP Pro I'm able to join the domain I've made in samba.

    The problem is that when I try to join the domain using a Win2000
I'm able to join the domain using 'Network Identification->Properties' ,
but when I try to add a user in control-panel from the domain I got the
following error :

    "The Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary
domain failed"

    I'm using samba with smbpasswd (this is a test machine)  and I've
added the machine and user account.

    I tried to enable netbios over TCP in w2000 to see it it changed
anything, but it made no difference.

    Any tips?

commands and configuration

 /usr/sbin/useradd  -g machines -d /dev/null -c 'test'  jungletres$  -s
/sbin/nologin
 smbpasswd  -a -m jungletres

Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[netlogon]"
Processing section "[Profiles]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Processing section "[publico]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_PDC

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        server string = test server
        interfaces = 192.168.0.254/24
        passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
        passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
*ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
        unix password sync = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast
        printcap name = cups
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 33
        preferred master = Yes