[Samba] Profile question

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Oct 26 07:29:25 GMT 2003

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003, kenjie Trillanes wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I didn't know where else to call for help. Here it goes. I trying to
> replace our Win2k PDC with a combination of Samba3-LDAP-PDC. But I'm not
> having much luck in retaining my user's local profiles, I want this PDC
> migration to be as simple and transparent as possible, but the new samba
> pdc doesn't seem to want to recognize the old profiles (same with the
> clients,even with the same domain name they would not recognize the PDC
> as the old one). Can anyone help? What must I do to retain my user's
> local profiles ??? (and I don't want to store the profiles on the server
> since some of them are huge profiles).

Your choice is either obtain the old PDC SID and store that into your
Samba server (See man page for 'net getlocalsid', 'net rpc' sid stuff)
or else you need to use the 'profiles' tool to change the SID in the
profile NTUser.DAT files to match your Samba domain SID.

The 'net' command and the 'profiles' tool are part of Samba-3.0.x.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org